If you’re interested to know a little bit more about me than you have come to the right place.
As you might have guessed from this blogs “vanity” domain name, my name is Koen Vermoesen. I was born in 1977 in the city most famous for its carnival. After studying electronics I had a first job experience at well known systems integrator. After a year or two I was given the opportunity to start working for a European support department of Nestlé. I ended up in a team responsible for migrating and supporting Exchange Server in the whole of Europe and some parts of Africa. When that company was closed down because of an off-shoring initiative, I joined Xylos. I didn’t do anything exchange related the first few years, but have since returned to my old love. I’m currently employed as a Technology Consultant focusing on Messaging, Unified Communications and Archiving. Besides that technical role I recently took on a challenge as competence center lead “Messaging”.
After being stuck behind a keyboard and monitor for some long hours I like to do some sports. I’ve started of playing floor ball at age 11 and took on ice skating multiples times a week soon after that. At age 18 I finally managed to realize a childhoods dream and combine both of these hobbies by joining a brand new ice hockey team. After playing on a competitive level for about 6 years I found a new hobby in mountain bike marathons. Two kids born within less than 13 months of each other and house to renovate put an end to such challenges. For the moment I content myself with some jogging accompanied by my dog “Deli” (a Golden Retriever).
If you’re interested in the things that occupy me professionally I suggest you check out these links:
- http://www.pro-exchange.be/search/SearchResults.aspx?u=2993&o=DateDescending: As competence center lead for the messaging team at Xylos, I wanted/needed to be more involved in the communities around Microsoft UC products. There is one “unified” user group in Belgium which covers both Exchange Server, Lync Server and Office 365.
- http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-be/hh442430#koenvermoesen: My role as a community member resulted in being accepted as member of the Microsoft Extended Experts Team (“MEET”)
- http://blog.koenvermoesen.be/author/k0v3/: all of the blog posts I’ve written for this blog. Other posts have been contributed by my younger brother Stijn.
- http://www.xylos.com/blog/user/673/Koen-Vermoesen/: Some more posts I’ve been writing for the company blog, including posts covering non-Microsoft products.
- http://be.linkedin.com/in/koenvermoesen/: My public profile on the premier professional social networking site.
- http://twitter.com/#!/VerKo/: I’m sharing interesting stuff I come across on the internet via twitter. Feel free to follow, however note that I do not systematically follow back. Furthermore I rely on twitter lists for grouping tweeps per interest, so I might rather “list” than follow you.
Furthermore I’m also more or less active in a number of forums. The ones that apply to my profession are listed below:
- http://community.office365.com/members/verko/activities/default.aspx: free community support for Microsoft’s cloud based communication and collaboration platform.
- http://www.proexchange.be/forums/: These forums are more or less dormant at the moment but I have posted some questions and/or tried to answer questions from other people in the past.
- http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_taggedtopics/tag/exchange: Besides following a number of specific discussions on the Tweakers.Net community forums I’m also tracking all topics tagged “Exchange” in my favorite RSS reader. It’s hard competing with a number of Dutch MVPs which seem to do the same (or possibly use e-mail notifications instead).
You might not have guessed from all of the Links above but I’m involved with some non-Microsoft products to:
If you want to get in touch you can comment on a specific post or this particular page if you want to get in touch. Alternatively, you can contact me via e-mail: